Faculty and staff health and wellness
Health & Wellness Resources
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program (Ulliance) provides support and assistance to WSU staff and faculty in resolving personal or work -related concerns
- CAPS – Counseling & Psychological Services
5221 Gullen Mall (Located in Room 552 Student Center Building)
Phone: 313-577-3398 After Hours: 313-577-9982
As faculty/staff members you may encounter distressed students. Your role can be a positive and crucial one in assisting them with connecting to this valuable campus resource. CAPS provides consultation services and outreach events as requested.
- LFA 1480 – Yoga – Open to all university faculty, staff and students.
- Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery –
The department currently offers patient centered comprehensive care of both children and adults in a wide variety of conditions relative to the ear, face, nose, paranasal sinuses and throat.
- Wellness Warriors – promotes the health and well-being of the Wayne State University faculty and staff by assisting with the achievement of personal health goals
- Occupational Safety & Environmental Health
- WSU Audiology Clinic – provides complete audiologic evaluations for students in need of testing for hearing loss
- Musculoskeletal Conditions - The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Oakwood at the Wayne State University School of Medicine is committed to advancing the field of musculoskeletal and rehabilitation medicine through excellent patient care and improving the quality of life for individuals with physical disabilities.
- International Musicians Journal – This link includes articles related to health concerns and issues for professional musicians.
- Basic Information on Hearing Health – Information and Recommendations for Faculty and Staff in Schools of Music provided by NASM (National Association of Schools of Music Performing Arts Medicine Association)
- National Center for Voice and Speech (NCVS) – Provides vocal health tips, information regarding NCVS conferences and a search feature that allows you to find a local Voice Clinic
- Occupational Noise Exposure – Information and resources regarding the dangers and irreversible side effects of noise exposure. Published by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Athletes and the Arts – A resource for performing artists that provides access to resources that meet the unique wellness, healthcare and performance needs of performing artists
- "Repetitive Stress and Strain Injuries: Preventive Exercises for the Musician," by Gail A. Shafer-Crane
- The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique
- Teaching the Art of Movement in Music
- Dalcroze Society of America