The purposes and objectives of Delta Omicron at WSU:
- To create and foster fellowship through music
- To give music students an opportunity to meet with one another and, by personal contact and exchange of ideas, to broaden the individual outlook
- To strengthen a devotion and loyalty to Alma Mater
- To develop character and leadership
- To encourage the highest possible scholastic attainment, excellence of individual performance; and appreciation of good music
- To give material aid to worthy students
- To manifest interest in young musicians entering the professional world
- To promote American music and musicians
- To further the work of composers
- To stimulate appreciation of good music at the community level
- To advance high ethical standards of professional conduct in the musical world
- To encourage understanding of the cultures of all nations
- To do any and all things conducive to the service, betterment, and ultimate welfare of musicians
Prospective Member Eligibility:
- Prospective member must be a music major or minor.
- Prospective members must achieve a grade average of at least a B in music subjects and at least a C in other subjects the term immediately preceding membership.
- Prospective members must have a good character with the potential for superior musicianship.
- Prospective members must have completed at least the first term of their freshman year.
To view a comprehensive list of professional organization please click Professional Organizations for Musicians.