Student health and wellness
Health & Wellness Resources
- Campus Health Center promotes the health and well being of students at Wayne State University by providing health care services to prevent and treat common physical illness so you can attain your educational and personal goals.
- CAPS Counseling & Psychological Services
5221 Gullen Mall (Located in Room 552 Student Center Building)
Phone: 313-577-3398 After Hours: 313-577-9982
- LFA 1480 Yoga Open to all university students. Music students are encouraged to take this course.
The department currently offers patient centered comprehensive care of both children and adults in a wide variety of conditions relative to the ear, face, nose, paranasal sinuses and throat.
- Student Health 101TM promotes the health and well-being of the Wayne State University student body and campus community
- Occupational Safety & Environmental Health
- WSU Audiology Clinic provides complete audiologic evaluations for students in need of testing for hearing loss
- Musculoskeletal Conditions - The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Oakwood at the Wayne State University School of Medicine is committed to advancing the field of musculoskeletal and rehabilitation medicine through excellent patient care and improving the quality of life for individuals with physical disabilities.
- International Musicians Journal This link includes articles related to health concerns and issues for professional musicians.
- Protect Your Hearing Every Day Information and Recommendations for Student Musicians provided by NASM (National Association of Schools of Music Performing Arts Medicine Association)
- National Center for Voice and Speech (NCVS) Provides vocal health tips, information regarding NCVS conferences and a search feature that allows you to find a local Voice Clinic
- Occupational Noise Exposure Information and resources regarding the dangers and irreversible side effects of noise exposure. Published by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Athletes and the Arts A resource for performing artists that provides access to resources that meet the unique wellness, healthcare and performance needs of performing artists
- "Repetitive Stress and Strain Injuries: Preventive Exercises for the Musician," by Gail A. Shafer-Crane
- The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique
- Teaching the Art of Movement in Music
- Dalcroze Society of America