Master of Music in Jazz Performance
This Master of Music degree program provides a course of study for talented students pursuing a professional concentration in jazz performance. Alumni have gone on to successful careers as performers in Detroit, around Michigan, and beyond. The advisor for this program is Professor Collins.
The Gretchen Valade Graduate Assistantship in Jazz is awarded to an outstanding graduate student pursuing the study of jazz at Wayne State University. The position includes a tuition waiver, stipend, and other benefits. Candidates are identified through an application, audition, interview, and a review of scores/recordings as appropriate. The successful candidate displays exceptional artistry, academic excellence, professionalism, and potential for growth. Click here to learn more.
Important documents, forms, and links:
- Curriculum Guide & Plan of Work for the Master of Music in Jazz Performance (2022-2024)
- Department of Music Graduate Programs information page
- Gretchen Valade Graduate Assistantship in Jazz information page
- Wayne State University Graduate Bulletin
Archived Curriculum Guides for Jazz Performance:
- Curriculum Guide for the Master of Music in Jazz Performance (2020-2022)
last updated: 6/24/22