Master of Music in Composition/Theory
This program provides a course of study for talented students pursuing a professional concentration in composition or theory. The advisors for this program are Professor Anderson (for composition emphasis) and Professor Braunschweig (for theory emphasis).
In the past few years, students in the MM program in Composition-Theory have given conference presentations and participated in workshops at national and international venues, including the Banff Center for Arts and Creativity in Alberta, Canada, the Upbeat International Music School in Brac, Croatia, and as Artist in Residence at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Important documents, forms, and links:
- Curriculum Guide & Plan of Work for the Master of Music in Composition/Theory (2022-2024)
- Department of Music Thesis Guide (for theory theses)
- Department of Music Graduate Programs information page
- Wayne State University Graduate Bulletin
Archived Curriculum Guides for the MM in Composition-Theory:
- Curriculum Guide for the Master of Music in Composition-Theory (2020-2022)
last updated: 7/17/2023