First year undergraduate students will receive initial department advising as a follow up to the audition and theory placement process required for admission to the Department of Music. Students must seek academic advising from Mr. Maurice Draughn before they can register for first semester courses. Students should seek additional advising by appointment throughout the first semester. Subsequently, all students will need to meet with Mr. Draughn for an advising session each term before registering for classes. Please refer to the information below to schedule an advising appointment with Mr. Draughn.
Transfer students should consult with the department as part of the audition and theory placement process required for admission to the Department of Music. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Norah Duncan IV, please contact the main office in the Department of Music.
To view previous issues of The Treble Clef, click here.
Monday through Friday as scheduled through WAMS (See link below)
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment online in WSU's WAMS system, follow the directions below:
1. Click here.
2. Log-in using your Access ID and Pipeline password or create guest account.
3. On the home page select "CFPCA - Music", and "Schedule Appointment".
4. Select Location: Main Campus
5. Select Subject (Current Student, Prospective or Returning Student)
6. Select preferred week (you can only schedule appointments within a two-week window).
7. Select a date and available time that works best for you.
8. Click Save.
9. You will receive a confirmation email, with a link to cancel your appointment, if needed.
10. Several reminders will be sent to your e-mail prior to the appointment. If you need to cancel/reschedule, use the link provided with the email confirmation.
Graduate students should contact Graduate Officer Prof. Mary Wischusen in the Department of Music for information about graduate level advising.